Stalwart IMAP Server
Stalwart IMAP is an open-source Internet Message Access Protocol server designed to be secure, fast, robust and scalable. A JSON Meta Application Protocol (JMAP) backend such as Stalwart JMAP is required to use Stalwart IMAP (in other words, Stalwart IMAP is an imap4-to-jmap proxy).
- IMAP4 and ManageSieve server:
- IMAP4rev2 (RFC 9051) full compliance.
- IMAP4rev1 (RFC 3501) backwards compatible.
- ManageSieve (RFC 5804) server with support for all extensions.
- Support for multiple IMAP extensions:
- Access Control Lists (ACL) (RFC 4314)
- Conditional Store and Quick Resynchronization (RFC 7162)
- SORT and THREAD (RFC 5256)
- Message Preview Generation (RFC 8970)
- And many other extensions…
- JMAP proxy features:
- Proxies IMAP4 and ManageSieve requests to JMAP requests.
- High-availability and fault-tolerance support when using a Stalwart JMAP backend.
- Full support for JMAP Core, JMAP Mail and JMAP for Sieve Scripts.
- OAuth 2.0 authorization code and device authorization flows.
- Rate limiting.
- Memory safe (thanks to Rust).
Install Stalwart IMAP on your server by following the instructions for your platform:
You may also compile Stalwart IMAP from the source.
If you are having problems running Stalwart IMAP, you found a bug or just have a question, do not hesitate to reach us on Github Discussions or Discord. Additionally you may become a sponsor to obtain priority support from Stalwart Labs Ltd.
Table of Contents
- Get Started